As churches who are all in the business of changed lives this is something we have to get straight. We want to equip people with all sorts of behaviors that are more in line with God’s view of our lives, but they will never make the difference. The fundamental piece is entirely different and doesn’t center upon our capability, but on our learning to accept and follow along with what God is doing in the world. In fact the question isn’t ‘What can you do?’, the question is ‘Can you trust God?’ Even a little bit. Because God will take even the smallest seed of trust and turn it into something great and beautiful. God says, “Just Start.” It is only then that we start loosening the grip on our lives enough that we start to get our hands on things that God can make really matter. That’s scary. And that’s why it takes trust.
- 21,874 hits
- In your Comfort Zone? It's time to grow!
- Jesus' Work
- The Elephant in the Room - Week 2 Text Messages & Notes
- Faith in Everyday Life
- The Elephant in the Room - Week 1 Text Messages
- Relationships instead of Church?
- Notes taken while re-inventing church - 04
- Notes taken while re-inventing church – 03
- Notes taken while re-inventing church – 02
- God intended rape? Really?